Sunday, February 15, 2009

We love to read . . .


A few years ago I made up an advent calendar for Christmas. It was rather ambitious. Since we love to read stories each night. I decided to gather 25 books on Christmas to read with my kids. So each day my son would unwrap one book and we would read it. (I think the wrapping part only lasted this year - it seemed to be to much). I now just put them in a basket. He can read and we have way more than 25 Christmas books now. Books are in a basket and then he can pick whenever he wants. This year - I have expanded my Christmas books to all seasons. I love Scholastic and the books are cheap and cute. So, each season I buy a few more books. The books rotate and go in the basket. I have also decided to box the books up after the season with the other decorations to make it new each season. We are loving it. Here is a photo of the Valentine Books, A few winter, A Groundhog book, and some President's Day books. This has encouraged my son to read even more and gives him something to look forward to with the passing of each season.




No comments:

About Us

My photo
We are sisters who love God, Family and Country. We want to share our love with you.

Contact Us

molasses@live.mail

We read Nei Nei

We Follow Make and Takes (Love It)

Make and Takes

Sugardoodle Full Of Inspiration

LDS.ORG

MORMON.ORG

MORMON.ORG
Find out more!